Services For Your Patients
By using QuitWorks-NH you allow QuitNow-NH to offer multiple services to all tobacco users who are referred or self-refer—whether they are thinking about quitting, they are ready to make a quit attempt, or have already quit and are seeking help to stay quit.
Here is what your patients are offered:
- Up to five calls to make contact with your patient
- Intake, assessment and brief motivational call
- Five telephone-based counseling sessions. QuitNow-NH, funded by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, provides the QuitWorks-NH counseling services.
- Enrollment in an interactive website for a person who uses tobacco (quitnownh.org)
- Tailored print materials
- Follow-up calls at seven months
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy in the form of the patch
- Customized text services and reminders
- An online community of people quitting tobacco use
Telephone Counseling Calls
QuitNow-NH offers evidence-based, multi-session telephone counseling protocols.
|Immediately following intake call to 1 – 7 days after, scheduled per caller convenience
|• Establish rapport • Determine reasons for smoking, reasons for quitting, and concerns about quitting • Discuss nicotine addiction • Answer questions, concerns regarding quit date
|OPTIMAL: 2 days before quit date
RANGE: 1 – 3 days before quit date
|• Aid caller in preparation for quit day • Assess status of stop-smoking medications and discuss further if needed • Discuss and practice thought and action strategies
|OPTIMAL: 1 day after quit date
RANGE: 1 – 2 days after quit date
|• Assess quit status and emotional state • Conduct appropriate session based upon caller’s quit status • Assess caller’s use of quit strategies and stop-smoking medications • Plan for handling future tough situations that will come up in the next week
|OPTIMAL: 7 days after Session 3
RANGE: 5 – 9 days after Session 3
|• Assess quit status, emotional state, and use of stop-smoking medications • Assess caller’s motivation to remain a non-smoker • Plan for handling future tough situations that will come up in the next week • Reinforce caller for their success
|OPTIMAL: 14 days after Session 3
RANGE: 12 – 16 days after Session 3
|• Assess quit status, emotional state, and use of stop-smoking
medications • Assess caller’s motivation to remain a non-smoker • Remind caller to prepare to cope with urges to smoke in advance; plan for action and thought strategies, and do mental rehearsals of them • Reinforce caller for their success
Refer Your Patients to a Quit Coach
Submit a Provider Web Referral or E-Referral through the EMR.
Choose the most convenient method for YOUR practice!